Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Okaay ...

Almost a year since I graced 'My Space' with my words..Can already see a mesh of cobwebs obscuring any cursory glance at this space .. Im sure not many of you would`ve taken the pain of clearing through the cobwebs and the inch-thick layer of dust lying around here ..

Im very much alive .. dunno whether I can use that cheesy t-shirt tagline "Alive and kicking" though..

The last post was written while I was away in France .. Horibbly homesick .. counting the days when Id get back home.Its perhaps the only thing common in life then and life now .. Homesickness.

When I`d left for France, Dad`s transfer was imminent and I knew this might be the last time I`d be in my cozy lil forest bungalow-ish Jayanagar home. That last wistful look at my house as I loaded the huge suitcases into the car is gonna be one of the frames in the flashback reel of my life.
But then, What goes around .. comes right around. Its been B`lore -> France -> Bhubaneswar and then back to B`lore in this one year. Though it is ever-crowded and ever-bustling Marathalli now instead of old-worldly and quaint Jayanagar, it still is good ol' B'lore.

Life has changed and so have I , I believe, in the past 12 months.Though I don`t think there`s been any life-altering earth-shattering change , but still. For starters I can now legally be categorized under the 'employed class' or 'labour class' of the country. ( Yeah, Prof. Joydeep`s Macroeconomics makes much more sense now than the days when it shoud have).

Then : I wake up sumtime around noon (post-placement, post- final term days of sheer bliss) and mentally abuse the ceiling fan for emitting the slightest of creaks which broke my sleep this early.Anyways,now that I am awake, I think of grabbing a quick brunch at the mess and then off to Bibhu`s room for a movie/bakar marathon.Idyllic lazy walks and Adda sessions in the evenings and daaru sessions at night well into dawn and then trudge back to my creaky ceiling fan and messy room for a dawn-till-noon nap.

Now : I wake up to the alarm screaming its lungs out, sharp at 6:30.Get the house cleaned, cook breakfast for bro, get ready in what.. 4 mins and run to catch the bus, commute along the dustiest grimy-est 20 kms of B'lore and then starts the actual grind. Make reports for the top mgmt. who perhaps don`t even bother to open them, colour some excel sheets, do some number crunching of incomprehensible figures and some fancy analysis, grovel infronta the boss for that one precious day of leave and be subjected to an hour long discourse on how as a manager I should plan my leaves 3 months in advance (Bludy .. I should consult astrological charts to know the actual date when Im supposed to have viral fever !), clock in some overtime and make sure it is noticed by the boss ( Unspoken Corporate Code of Conduct #47 : Never ever leave for the day before your boss does :|) , leave for home (God Bless the faithful Red Volvos), shop for vegetables, reach home all tired and bedraggled but somehow drag yourself to the kitchen to cook ( n when ur cooking for men - my bro in this case, you`d better make it nice .. no kaam chalau stuff would do for this specie whose heart is located inside their stomachs) gulp down the dinner (not daring the taste buds to stay in contact with the food a second longer) and collapse onto ur bed. A few hours hence .. Its just another day ...


Few Other things have changed too ..

My faithful ancient cellphone finally breathed its last after 7 long years .. Had been wimme right from 12th Std. and bore the brunt of everyone`s sniggers when fancy new cellfones came into the market n suddenly having a cell-fone with a lime-green screen and an inch long antenna became a strict fashion no-no .. I still miss u .. Cellotaped Battery and cracked screen and bright red blinking L.E.D notwithstanding.

No more sprinting to early morning classes((dats 9 am :D ) ) in night-suit uppers and worn-out,knee-slashed snug jeans and bathroom slippers.Now I even drop off to sleep in office wear - read : scruffy shirts n trousers or when Im in a rare happy and dressy mood - churidaar-kurtas complete with bindi n bangles :D ( A few more years in Bengaluru n I might sport a gajra soon).

Floaters and flats are gettin comfy staying put in the shoe-rack while I mercilessly plod away in heels and strappy shoes...

The faithful schoolbag has given way to an assortment of girly totes n clutches.Though I still am bad at co-ordinating them with any outfit...

Have started wearing a watch coz apparently looking at your cellfone to check the time isn`t very "Corporate-y" :|..

Have learnt how to convincingly dish out harmless white lies (U know .. texting "Mom, Ill have to call u back later .. in a meeting" while watching Love Aaj Kal for the 5th time at PVR :P )

The Black nailpolish and the toerings had to go and so did the ballpen grafitti on my jeans..

No more indulging in buying Tantra tees in bulk .. its more of waitin for Wills Lifestyle and Van Heusen Sale now...

Kumar Punjabi Dhaba has given way to McD and the likes ... n am I hating it !

Can cook a proper 4-course meal for n- number of people with more confidence than I exuded while making those faff-ey Business Ethics presentions..

No more walking into anyone`s room for a late-night chitchat .. Gtalk and Skype are Godsends now...



Some things still havn`t changed though ...


Still love walking in the rain ..

Still find it difficult to argue and raise my voice .. even when it is absolutely needed..

Still cringe talking about money and pay and the likes ...

Still obsess about weight-loss ...

Still love feeling the wind against my face on late-night bike rides ...

Still get all happy and excited at the prospect of a movie right after office ..

Still find it surprising as tears roll down seeing a lonesome mangy lil pup yelping on a busy road ..

Still cry myself to sleep when the loneliness gets to me ...

Still fall for hopelessly wrong guys ..

Still happiest when with a book in hand and lounge playing on the ipod ..

Still have the gleam in my eyes on spotting a chocolate irrespective of its size ..

Still learning to say NO ...

Still pathetic at taking compliments ..

Still trying to find my niche ..

Still uncertain about what my true calling is ...

Still waiting to be truly happy and content ...

Still unable to fathom whether love is a myth or a truism ...

Still long to nestle between Mom n Dad and watch Hrishikesh Mukherjee movies ...

Still not willing to let go despite knowing it is a lost cause ..



Still .. very much me .. I guess .. I hope ...

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it makes me crave for more. write more yar.. i love reading these stuff.. it takes me way back to my memory lane somehow :|

11:16 PM  
Blogger S said...

yay!! finally the blog is updated..even i'm back in blogosphere these days.. though I don't find any mention of 'supportive choco munching college friends ' here ..;)

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Mansi Saini said...

Came to 'Your'space a few days ago to see if derz some activity.. There wasn't any..

But here you are with a post to which I can so very well relate..

How are things, girl..??

8:59 AM  
Blogger Sumo said...

Things change...and yet, they dont! :)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Saanjh said...

@ Salya : Koshish jaari hai to be more regular :)

@ S : I`d rather write about the conversations I have with this chocos-munching college fren ;) Wud make an interesting read , wot say ;)

@ Mansi : Now this is a pleasant surprise !! :) Still trying to figure out things .. Guess we all are .. arent we :)

@Sumo : Aye Aye Sir

4:30 AM  
Blogger SwB said...

Good to see you back. Hope all is well.

Cheers,
SwB

6:45 PM  
Blogger Saanjh said...

Have a huge grin pasted on my face on seeing a comment by u SwB :) Guess Id better be more regular :) Never know the goodies coming my way :D

9:14 PM  
Blogger Saanjh said...

@SwB : I need an invite for ur blog ! :( ..Hoping u stop by n see this ..

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home