Friday, August 15, 2008

I dunno how it happens, but a whole day of American TV series viewing, leaves me with a strange yankee in-my-mind accent !! Something which I have finally realised today...
Happy Independence day people !! But, Im sorry to say I havn`t been quite my Swadeshi self today :(... Spent the whole day watching back to back episodes of Desperate Housewives... Okay, it isnt a crime I know, but I honestly dunno what it does to my speech , and that too the speech that goes on in my head !!
It happens like this - You know when ur jus talking to yourself, those things that u just say to yourself in ur head, they just start getting pronounced in a weirdly lilting yankee accent.Duh uh !! (u wud say..).But, it starts getting onto ur nerves when Marriage becomes Maeyridge , people become pheepul , can`t becomes Khaeyint ,angry becomes aeyngree , don`t become dhount ,nothing becomes nufink and so on .....
I truly, madly, deeply HATE fake accents !!
Just hope that I dont "think-aloud" and risk hating myself ..

Didn`t I tell u (awhhh ... I almost said Thell u ! :S ), that I just might be a wee bit weird ? ;) :D

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Now you know why I sometimes speak the way I do. May be now you should be a bit more understanding before you mock my accent ;)
If a TV series can do that to you, I can always defend myself with many excuses.

My nightmare of accents came true when I had to work with a Chinese woman, who had taken up a british accent !!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Deepika said...

Lol! That;s funny! Coz living among these people here, I CONSCIOUSLY make an effort that I don't change the way I talk. :-)

8:25 PM  
Blogger ankita said...

It happens to a lot of us.you don't have to hate yourself :).

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home