Monday, May 05, 2008

At times I wish people wouldnt use and abuse the words "I understand".

Hell, when u dont understand then just don`t say it.I don`t expect you to either.
Companionable silence would do just fine.
I wish people had half the heart to understand that they actually 'DON'T understand'.
I wish people would realise how painful it is to hear those words when they sound so unconvincing.

It is absolutely understandable that people won`t feel the pathos that you do, they would perhaps never be able to gauge the inner agony that an outwardly smiling face belies.
I pray that they never come face to face with the reason for the pain, the pathos, and the agony.
I also pray that they never utter the words "I understand", coz they actually don`t , coz they actually never will , coz I fervently hope they never really do ; coz if they do, they would never wanna hear another sappy "I understand".

5 Comments:

Blogger S said...

awww.. did anyone say this to you ??? :)

6:44 AM  
Blogger Comfortably Numb said...

Losers dont look for games to lose..Its just that they end up losing each and every war...each and every battle :P

And faking an "I understand" only fortifies that how kiddish they are and how they make others feel that no matter what happens they will continue to remain idiots:P

Cheers!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Sandeep Balan said...

ooopssss!! tht struck a chord somewhere!! i myself have used tht a number of times...he he...WONT NOW!! nice short n crisp post...way to go!!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Shruti said...

I completely agree to your thinking.I have experienced the same.Ignorant people nodding their heads and saying they understand when actually they never wanted to do so.

Nice post..cheers!!
Happy writing :)

5:46 AM  
Blogger Ankit said...

hi...reading this post made me think that u r a pessimist...d prob wid you as it feels to me is dat u expect too much from people..n dey dissapoint u often...agreed many people use dese wrds.."I understand" very casually...but I think it is quite easy to make out who actually mean it.. so thr shudnt be much of a prob...n i believe thr r still ppl who do understand...very few though...but don't dismiss dem due to oders...dey deserve due respect... isnt it!!!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home